Preventing from the same user to take the survey more than one time | XM Community
Solved

Preventing from the same user to take the survey more than one time

• 29 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi all,
I'm looking for a way to prevent from participants taking (or trying to take) the survey more than once.
I have an ID which is unique for each participant, and this ID is transferred to the survey using the survey URL and can be saved as an embedded data. Is there any way to accumulate all those embedded data values into a list and then whenever a new user starts the survey, compare the ID to the list and if it's already there redirect the user to the end of survey and give him/her a message that the survey cannot be taken twice?
I was wondering whether the contact list can be used for this purpose (can I "fill" it during the survey run? I read about the triggers but is there something similar for all started surveys - not only completed?)
Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by bstrahin 29 July 2020, 15:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

yinbar look at Survey Authenticator document from Support about how you can use a contact list to essentially sign in. The field you would want to prefill in your case is ID. This page states "You can use the Authenticator element in the Survey Flow. This option will require the participant to be a member of a contact list you have previously set up within your account. The Authenticator options will allow you to prevent contacts from retaking the survey by using the contact list as an authentication database."

Here's a link to a discussion that did something like this with email: https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/277/authenticating-against-a-contact-list-registration-survey

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks bstrahin !
I will use this as a reference. Is there any option to build such list on the fly even for non-completed responses?
Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

yinbar Not that I am skilled enough to do. I am not good at API or Javascript and other 'coder' features that Quadratics allows you to integrate. And I can't think of a way to build this on the fly with available built in features.

Leave a Reply