How do you implement a formula in Qualtrics that includes an "IF"-condition? | XM Community
Solved

How do you implement a formula in Qualtrics that includes an "IF"-condition?

• 28 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Hello everybody,

first of all thanks for taking time for that matter. I am currently trying to implement a survey in which I ask the participants for quantitative order decisions in the newsvendor model setting, a part of Inventory Management in Supply Chain Management.
I need to give the participant feedback on their achieved profit based on the decision of the previous round. To do so, I need Qualtrics to compute the profit based on a "IF"_condition, depending if more or less than the demand was ordered. The demand is given by me. Additionally, I would need to have a function in which the result of the formula is responded to the participant after every round of the decision making process. I plan to incorporate about 15 rounds.
By any chance, does someone know if it is actually possible to implement my specifications and if so, how?

Thanks again!

Lucas
icon

Best answer by Rich_Boits_Walker 30 June 2018, 05:35

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7
I believe you should be able to handle this using scoring since you are using quantitative questions.

Scoring is setup from the tools menu in the survey builder. Scoring defaults to a single category labeled "Score", but if you click on the drop down you can go to "Manage Categories". From there I believe you would want to setup a separate scoring category for each of your 15 rounds.

Then In your survey build, you would need to setup each of your rounds in it's own block. From there you can set an embedded data field following that block with the score for that round. Once the embedded data is set you can use it's value for branch logic or pipe it in to a "Descriptive Text" question type for display to the survey respondent.

The important thing to note is that the score does not have to be set as a single point for a selected choice (as in a point for a correct answer to a quiz). You can set the value given for each choice in the setup so that it is meaningful to your logic or to the display back to the respondent.

Here is the link to the support documentation on Scoring to get you going:
https://qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/scoring/

Leave a Reply