Setting Custom Width for Matrix Tables when already using Tooltips | XM Community
Solved

Setting Custom Width for Matrix Tables when already using Tooltips

• 7 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,
I have the following code in my matrix table to show additional information when each title is hovered over:

Proficient Implementation There are 4 or more staff members on the team and all of the following team roles have been filled:

1) Team Champion

2) District Decision Lead

3) Stakeholder with Transition Knowledge

4) Agency or Community Partner

The result of the code above is shown below. However, what is not correct is the scroller cutting off my pop-up boxes. I tried using custom css within "look and feel" to extend the width to 1000px but only other question types are effected, not the matrix. The code that I used is:
#Questions{min-width:1000px;}
I want the matrix question to show without the slider or any compression so that the pop-ups appear without being cut off. My coding skills are limited to the tasks that I am doing and I learn as I go. If someone could provide the complete code to overcome this issue would really appreciate it. I would also appreciate any information detailed why this does not currently work.
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.22.24 PM.png

icon

Best answer by npetrov937 8 August 2020, 16:10

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi there,
interesting problem. I don't have a perfect solution for you as playing around with Qualtrics' css/javascript can get very messy very quickly, but...
Best I came up with is to modify the width of your matrix table in order to account for the width of you tooltip. It's tricky to force it to display over what has been set by Qualtrics as space for questions as different window sizes can make error handling tricky so...
To achieve this, simply add these lines your matrix table's JS:
jQuery( '.ChoiceStructure' ).each(function () {
    this.style.setProperty( 'width', '50%', 'important' ); //or use some absolute ref 300px instead of 50%
});
.qsf attached for your reference (for future reference, it's always good to attach .qsf yourself to help others get to your issue faster
matrix_table.qsfHope that helps!
Nikolay

Leave a Reply