Can embedded data be piped into Headers of Admin survey themes? | XM Community
Solved

Can embedded data be piped into Headers of Admin survey themes?

• 11 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30
  • Level 6 ●●●●●●
  • 1030 replies

Just checking if anyone has tried this before I run it by Support. I'm trying to pipe the organization name that the respondent represents, which is in my contact list, to the header of a survey that uses an Admin theme. I know this can be done in headers that are set in the Look & Feel at the survey level, but I can't see to get it to work when I use the same code in the header of an Admin theme; it just displays the code instead of the value. Are there any Admin users out there who have tried to do this?

icon

Best answer by MatthewM 4 January 2021, 17:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

Hi MatthewM ,
I tried from the Qualtrics preset themes and able to see the name.
image.pngLet me know If I have missed anything here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks Appzk!
I think we may be not be doing the same thing. Are you a Brand admin? I have been able to pipe data into a header from the Look & Feel menu, which I think is what you did in your example above. But when I use the same code in the header in a Theme set at the Admin level, just the code displays in my survey, not the piped data.

image.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

HI Matthew, I have had the same experience. My conclusion is that you cannot use embedded data variables in a theme. They must get loaded after the theme does. Have you checked with Qualtrics support on this yet? I would be interested to know what they said. It looks like you can use variables from the contact list, but not from the survey content?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi ikraut ,
Thanks for your message. Due to time constraints I elected to use a work-around and did not submit the issue to Support. I came to the same conclusion that you did, that it's just not possible to do this in an admin theme.

Leave a Reply