How to punch language variable by default | XM Community
Solved

How to punch language variable by default

Hi Team,

I have 8 language in a survey .I need to punch language selection by default instead of participants selection. Can you suggest?

For example... Live Link+ language code ...is this possible?
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 2 July 2018, 18:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
You can make this an embedded data field that you tack on at the end of the anonymous link. See the documentation here: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/passing-information-through-query-strings/

So, in your case you would have multiple links:
anonymousLink?Language=English
anonymousLink?Language=Spanish
etc...

"Langauge" will be the variable you want it to be punching. And in the Survey Flow you would have your first element be embedded data Language and leave it to set from URL or panel.
If your anonymous link already has a "?" in it, change the one above to "&"
I was having trouble getting this to work, using both the "Q_Language" or "Language" as the query string so I reached out to support and got this back, which I thought I'd add to help anyone else trying to get it to work. I am using a survey to update the language preference on the contact via a contact list trigger.

"The Embedded Data Q_Language is a reserved field. It pulls in the data that the user's browser/computer setting uses. This is probably why it is pulling in EN as you language.

I do have an alternative solution for you! Create an Embedded Data field called "Language" and have the same setup you currently have. In the Contact List Trigger, use this Embedded Data to update the language in your Contact List and it should work!"
Userlevel 4
Badge +17
You need to do AnonymousLink?Q_Language=EN as long as they survey exists within the survey. I have done so when I hid the language toggle via CSS.
I've a question here. If we have multiple countries with local languages and in some of the countries we have 2 or 3 languages can we mask the languages from the drop down box.

Leave a Reply