bulk upload stop words | XM Community
Question

bulk upload stop words

Hi there. In the word cloud visualization, Is there a way to bulk upload a list of stop words via csv?

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,
I ran into this problem and found that creating a comma separated list of values in excel you could then copy and paste them into the stop word box.
Does that help?
Thanks

Rod Pestell

thanks. unfortunately, no. it groups the comma separated words for some reason.
Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 4.45.22 PM.pngand i think it needs to be:
Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 4.45.29 PM.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I think you'll just need to play around a little as it works for me.
Perhaps try doing it in notepad.
When i paste it into the stop word list, as soon as i click edit, all the stop words show up as a comma separated list. After editing i click save/close (sorry working from memory) and then the words then show up in their own little grey boxes in the list.

Give it another go. :)

Thanks

Rod Pestell

Thanks Rod. Yeah, I've tried a bunch of different approaches - copying and pasting from notepad, text edit, script editor, word...on mac and on windows. same results. Why they wouldn't just work with an uploaded csv file is beyond me.

Just off the phone with support. They tell me that I have to enter the words one...by...one

good lord.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Unless they've change something within the last week my method should still be valid. Let me take a little video and share it here. I'll do this in the next day or so. In the meantime can you share a few screen shots to make sure your word map and settings looks the same as mine. Plus I also assume your are on CX.

Thanks

Rod

ah...I guess I'm not XM, not CX.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Aha! I see. You are using the report part of the Survey platform part. So it looks like the word map only allows you to edit and add stop words in one by one where as in the CX part it is possible.
Sorry about that. I'd add a request to the product ideas section of the community so that the visualisations become more aligned between survey reports and CX.
Thanks
Rod

Thanks Rod. I think I can accomplish this with filters!

...or maybe not.

Leave a Reply