One respondent told me he didn't receive the email. How to deal with? | XM Community
Solved

One respondent told me he didn't receive the email. How to deal with?

• 27 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

One respondent told me he didn't receive the email. "No survey has arrived"
So I send him again. In qualtrics, I contacted him as the single list. And my record in Qualtrics showed that email sent.
However, he told me again, "Nothing has arrived". In this case, how should I do?
I also have other respondents who told me the same problem. I resend and they received the 2nd email. But this guy didn't receive the 2nd email. How should I do now?

icon

Best answer by bstrahin 27 August 2020, 20:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

It could be an issue with his spam folder. Sometimes my surveys get caught up in that.
Since you've already tried resending the email, I would recommend creating an individual link for him and sending him that directly.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Even after whitelisting the IP addresses for the Qualtrics servers, I occassionally hvae respondents who do not receive an emailed survey invitation. Depending on the email provider your respondent is using it may also end up in a folder called "Clutter".
As Jen alluded to, you can access an individual's survey link by downloading the Distribution History. You could then send the link directly to the respondent.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Jen, how to "creating an individual link for him and sending him that directly"?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi brianj, I am confused why I need to download the distribution history, I know this respondent's email account. I don't know what I should do next.

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

yaozhao, brianj is telling you to download the history because that file also contains the individual link JenCX told you to send.
So, you need to

1. Download the history

2. Find the person you are emailing with in the history

3. Copy and paste the survey URL from their record (row) into the email where you are responding to people who aren't getting the link

Leave a Reply