multi-institution study automation | XM Community
Solved

multi-institution study automation

• 3 September 2020
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

My organization will be working with several hundred colleges, administering a survey to their students. Each institution would get the same survey URL but with a unique string attached so we know which institutions respondents came from.
We would like to automate the distribution of reports and data to these institutions on a regular basis (or provide a portal for them to customize their own reporting and to retrieve data whenever they like). Qualtrics support mentioned Dashboards may be helpful in this regard. Does anyone have experience using Dashboards in this way? We've never used Dashboards before so are starting from scratch, so to speak. Is there another Qualtrics service that might possibly be better suited for managing such a project?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

icon

Best answer by JoycaV 7 September 2020, 14:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi,
I have a similar kind of project.
If you have Dashboards in your license, then I'd definitely go for those.
Don't worry about the starting from scratch, they are very easy to set up and use. Also on Basecamp (https://basecamp.qualtrics.com/) there are some good video's about this.
However, you could also use the Reports tab of your survey.
One disadvantage of Reports over Dashboards, if that when you distribute them, you cannot add a filter (there was an idea for thishttps://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/30012 but it didn't pull through).
You could however make several copies of a report and add a fixed filter for each of your institutions.
On dashboards, the dashboard users can freely set their own filters, so that's an advantage. If you go one step further you could even indicate on the dashboard users what their institution is, and link the filter to that value so automatically each user gets to see the data from their institution.

Thanks for your confirmation that Dashboards is the path to take! We will plunge into Dashboards to get this system up and running. Filtering report by report would be very burdensome and error prone, I think, so having that automated within Dashboards is extremely helpful. I imagine we can apply filters for downloading data so users only have the ability to access their own data.
Thanks again for your reply and for the heads up about all the resources on basecamp!

Leave a Reply