Auto sending of survey response to specific individuals based on a directory contacts embedded data | XM Community
Question

Auto sending of survey response to specific individuals based on a directory contacts embedded data

• 7 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Qualtrics users!
I'm hitting a brick wall and I'm hoping I can some advice.

What I'm trying to achieve is as follows:

My company runs an annual NPS/relationship survey with our customer base
The directory holds around 6000 individual customer records of those customers who will take part each year in the NPS survey.
Each customer directory records holds lots of embedded data fields, including who their internal contract manager is at our company (name/email address, job title).
What I want to do is when the invites are sent and a individual customer responds and completes the survey I want that individual customers survey response (including the PDF copy) sending automatically to the internal contract manager at my company.
Now of course each customer contact may have a different internal contract manager…

I’m really hoping there is a simple way to do this, and maybe there is!
I can see how alerts can be set up based on survey response but I’m really struggling to make the connection of how I can set up the email alerts in the way I want it to work

Any help would be gladly received!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

In the contact list using which you will be sending the survey, just add a embedded data column - "ContactManagerEmail" and add email address of their respective contact manager. Now get this contact column data as embedded data in the survey and use this in the email action task.

Userlevel 1

Hi rondev

I think you might have solved it !
So the embedded fields I need were already set in the survey flow but when I set up an action to email the contractmanager, it didn't send.
I went back to the survey flow and noticed that it said:
"ContactManagerEmail" text set - Value will be set from panel or URL
So i then had the option to set the value which inserted piped text based on the contactmanager email field and my test email came through :)
So I guess the answer was I needed to set the value to make it work !

Sounds simple now I say it outloud...

Leave a Reply