Display of Attention Checks after a Randomized Block | XM Community
Question

Display of Attention Checks after a Randomized Block

• 13 September 2020
  • 1 reply

So I have a survey with 8 blocks that are displayed in a random order. Each block contains a hypothetical scenario. I want to randomly display an attention check after the first and last scenario. Since the order the scenarios are shown is random, and the correct answers for the attention check vary by scenario, I was having trouble thinking of a way to do this. Say I have an attention check connected with each block, is there a way I can code something like "If block X is displayed first, then display attention check" and "If block X is displayed last, then display attention check", and then the scenarios in between would not display the attention checks. Any advice for accomplishing this would be appreciated.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Put all the 8 blocks in 8 diiferent group. Create an embedded data i and set its value to 0. Now in each group after displaying the block increment the i value using math operation. After this, in the same group check if its value is equal to 1 then its block which appeared first and then again check if i is equal to 8 then its the last block and show them the attention check respectively.
So the survey flow will be similar to below:
Set Embedded data i = 0
Randomizer
Group 1:
Block 1
Increment i: i = i + 1
if i = 1
 Attention check wrt scenario 1
if i = 8
 Attention check wrt scenario 1
 Group 2:
Block 2