Division Admin can use, but not see, some User Types

• 14 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • QPN Level 4 ●●●●
  • 216 replies

Hi community,
I have a Division Admin, and when he creates a user, he can choose from all available User Types.
However, when he goes to the User Types list page (e.g. to check specifically which permissions are enabled in a specific user type), he cannot see some User Types.
That seem to be the user types created by the Brand Admin that he cannot see. He can see User Types that he created himself.
Is this normal? And is there a way in which the Brand Admin can indicate that a user type should be visible for the divisions?

icon

Best answer by Tom_1842 16 September 2020, 17:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Hello! This is my experience as well. When creating users, Division Admins can select any User Types made by themselves or the Brand Administrators. When viewing the User Types tab, Division Admins can only see User Types made by themselves in addition to the default ones.
I'd recommend renaming the User Types to be prefaced by the Division name they correspond to. So a Division's "Standard User Type" would become "Division 1 Standard User Type". This should make it clear to the Brand Admin which User Type is meant for which Division.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Thanks Tom,
But there is no way in which a brand admin can indicate on a user type that, from now on, it should be owned by Divsion1? Like we can for Groups?

Leave a Reply