This question was not displayed to the respondent? | XM Community
Solved

This question was not displayed to the respondent?

• 9 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Hello all,

I used a Qualtrics survey to collect research data. But when I view individual response from the Data & Analysis tab, it is shown as "this question was not displayed to the respondent" for some responses. I wonder why. Did the respondent open the survey and then close it without viewing these questions?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Emily 9 July 2018, 20:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hi @Karen! You may want to check out this thread!
Badge

This problem may occur if you make changes to an existing survey which randomized some set of questions and then you added some more additional questions. In my case I had randomized the survey for 36 questions. I later added 22 more questions and updated the survey which means I have 58 questions now.
Because my initial survey was randomizing 36 questions, the new survey which now has 58 questions was displaying only 36/58 questions randomly to the respondents. So every new respondent was only shown 36 random questions and the respondent was not able to see the remaining 22 questions.
So I fixed the problem in the "Survey Flow" tap by setting the number now to 58 random questions instead of the old number 36. This fixed the problem of "this question was not displayed to the respondent" for me.
Hope it helps :)

Leave a Reply