How to see embedded data in distribution history | XM Community
Solved

How to see embedded data in distribution history

• 21 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello, Qualtrics Community!
We are conducting a national census of our 900 member centers using Qualtrics. About one-third of our members have not responded to the survey and we need to begin engaging regional and state partners to encourage local centers to respond. I want to provide these partners with a list of the centers that have not responded in their areas. I know I can use the "Download history" option under Distributions to pull a list of the email addresses that have not responded, but this spreadsheet does not include the embedded data in the contact list I used to send the emails, including the center name, city, state, and region I would need to create these targeted lists. Rather than manually comparing email addresses to my original contact list, has anyone found a way to pull a history summary that includes the embedded data automatically, so I can quickly narrow down the list by state and region based on my embedded data? Any tips are appreciated!

icon

Best answer by IsabelPosada_Voce 22 September 2020, 00:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +51

Hello klounsbury ! From the distribution history you won´t get that information, I know that because I do the same for one survey where we call the people who havent taken the survey.
OPTION 1: What I do is that I download from the distributions section the distribution history, I open that file on my computer and I open the original contact list too, and in the historical file I move the ExternalReference column to the A column (that is because I need it to be in the first position of the file), then, I go to the original contact list and I insert an extracolumn at the begginning and do a VLOOKUP formula in excel to bring the column that I want (It could be the status column or the survey link), where I use the ExternalReference as key.

1. =VLOOKUP (value, table, col_index, [range_lookup]) (VALUE= External Reference or mail, TABLE= The historical data, the column number where the survey status is, false)

OPTION 2: Go to you directory, Identify the contact list, create a sample from that contact list with the condition statistics total responses equal to 0, set the sample size equal to the number of contacts that you have to bring the maximum number of contacts, generate the list, go to the list and click on list options and export those contact with the embedded data option on.

Hope it works!

Badge +2

@IsabelPosada Thank you so much for this! I used OPTION 2 and it worked perfectly. I was able to quickly pull a sample of non-responders as of this morning with all of my embedded data included. I chose this option because at this point I just need to notify our partners that these local centers have not yet responded. If I needed to pull the survey link itself, I see how I could use OPTION 1 to accomplish that. Thank you again - this saved me so much time!

Leave a Reply