New Distribution Capability with WhatsApp | XM Community

New Distribution Capability with WhatsApp

• 23 September 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

We are excited to announce the launch of our new distribution channel with WhatsApp, the most widely used mobile messaging application in the world! The new WhatsApp feature is available for all licenses with XM Directory - if you are not sure whether you should have access to this, be sure to contact your Brand Administrator or your Customer Success Manager
For any and all questions about this new WhatApp feature, please reach out to our wonderful Support team, as they are best equipped to help!
This new innovation with WhatsApp opens up a new listening channel for our customers to eliminate blindspots and turn in-the-moment conversational feedback into actionable insights in order to help deliver experience breakthroughs.
Qualtrics WhatsApp Message ExampleThere are two ways you can use WhatsApp to distribute surveys to your customers:

• 2-Way Interactive Survey (pictured above): Qualtrics will send the survey questions directly inside WhatsApp, and the recipient will message back all their responses. 

• Survey Invite: Send a WhatsApp message that includes a survey link. When the recipient clicks the link, they’ll be taken to the survey in their mobile browser.

Check out this blog post or this support page to learn more!

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Great!!!

Badge +2

This is awesome! especially cause we have customers in many different countries! something that concerns me though is how customers might perceive it? granted that Whatsapp can be seen as a more intimate channel to talk to family and friends. What are your thoughts?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks for the support, everyone! We're excited about this feature, too!
Alejandra_Arriaga - this is a fantastic question. We've brought this to our Product Team, and we will get back to you with more information shortly!

Badge +2

GuinevereM awesome! Thank you for your reply! :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Alejandra_Arriaga! Wanted to follow up here - thanks for your patience!
Since its launch in 2018, WhatsApp Business has significantly grown in popularity. According to The Wall Street Journal, more than 40 million people view a business catalog on WhatsApp each month. This is a signal that it's become much more than a peer-to-peer communication app. They now have over 2 billion users on their platform in 180 countries. 
Brands are discovering that WhatsApp is a central hub for communication. It can be a great way to connect and build relationships with their customers on a platform the customers are already familiar with and trust.
In your case, it’s also great because it’s a cost-effective way to connect with your international customers, since WhatsApp doesn’t charge a fee for the end customer.
If a business is going to use WhatsApp to communicate with their customers, they are required to create a business profile so the communication doesn’t just come from a number but rather a business name - Whatsapp also verifies it using the little green checkmark icon so customers can trust it and ensure that it is not spam. Like email, customers can choose to opt-out of messages if they no longer want to receive them.
Before distributing a mass feedback strategy via WhatsApp, we recommend starting with a use case (i.e. sending a satisfaction survey via WhatsApp after a support call) and a smaller sample to test engagement and overall initial feedback.
Hope this helps!

Badge +2

Hi GuinevereM this is great info! Now that you mentioned it that is right you can now have a business whatsapp account which makes it more valid, also thanks for the article! it is great! Our team is very excited with this new feature! And yes , you are right we would begin small with some small groups to gauge initial engagement. Will keep you posted. Thank you!

Badge

Hi GuinevereM, this is a great feature. Thanks for the info

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

No problem, everyone! I'm so glad that was helpful, and let us know if you have any other questions 😊

Hi all
Is there any successfull implementation ?
I will be glad to share feedback about the enabling process
Many thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Very nice :)
I am trying to convince colleagues to use this, and I'm looking for some supporting numbers or stats, like did you see an increased survey completion rate by using WhatsApp?
Also I notice we need a contract with a third party, Twillio, to set this up, that's also a point of opposition that I'm facing. Plus the question "how long will it take to set that integration up?".
So if anyone has any experience or advice or numbers to share, I would be very grateful 🙂

Leave a Reply