exiting Loop and merge in the middle of a block | XM Community
Question

exiting Loop and merge in the middle of a block

• 24 September 2020
  • 1 reply

I am running a survey in qualtrics with 7 randomized blocks. There are static blocks on either side of the randomized block, where each participant will receive the static blocks but only one of the randomized blocks. Each randomized block has a Loop and Merge function. Ideally, I would like to create a way to end the loop and merge before the end of the block and then allow the survey to continue on as normal.
I have used the code suggested in the link below to set up embedded data = 0 and then creating a button, that when clicked, would change the embedded data to 1 and allow exiting the loop. However, qualtrics is not allowing me to input a button with JS attached in HTML. Instead I set up a radio button and used that response to set the embedded data to 1. It hides my loop and merge after that but still doesn't let me get out of the current block.
Prematurely exiting a Loop and Merge block in Qualtrics
any tips?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

You need to add display logic to all the questions in the loop so they aren't displayed if the embedded data field equals 1. That way it will skip the rest of the current loop (starting with the next page) and all questions in the subsequent loops.

Leave a Reply