How to pull in data into a second survey without using contact list/emails: possible? | XM Community
Solved

How to pull in data into a second survey without using contact list/emails: possible?

• 28 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,
I am running a longitudinal study and want to bring in text entry data from Survey 1 into Survey 2. I am aware of the "Pulling Data into a Second Survey" instructions on Qualtrics support, BUT these instructions seem to suggest that you MUST have set embedded data fields in Survey 1 first. I did not do this. I collected survey 1 data, and only now seek to bring some of survey 1 data into survey 2. Can I do this after having collected survey 1, and if yes, HOW might go about doing that?
The instructions I mentioned earlier refers to setting up a Contact list, but I am not contacting participants via Qualtrics, rather via another platform that is send my surveys out to participants. Can I pull in data from survey 1 into 2 WITHOUT using a contact list (emails)? Can I do it using a participant ID that I have for all participants??
Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

icon

Best answer by ClairJ 29 September 2020, 21:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi LydonLab_RA did you use an anonymous link for Survey 1? Did you collect participant ID in the first survey so that you can link the responses to individuals? If so, you could just bring the survey 1 data in as embedded data. If you don't have any way to link Survey 1 responses to individuals, I'm not sure this is possible. In that case, the best I could come up with would be to link Survey 1 and Survey 2 with IP addresses, though that would be problematic if there's any way respondents could be sharing an IP address.

Hi,
I am creating questionnaire for longitudinal survey. I need to collect monthly responses to the same questionnaire from the same participants. I found this link https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/common-use-cases-rc/pulling-data-into-a-second-survey-longitudinal-surveys/#ListingFields
Its Step 24. says "Under the Field Value, click the Piped Text button ( {a})."
But I could not find a dropdown menu Under the Field Value.
I would be thankful for the answers and suggestions if there are better options to collect monthly responses from the same participants using the same questionnaire.

Badge +1

In my case, I want to link surveys not by the participant, but by the topic of the survey, which is an activity record. The only thing useful to me would be linking by a unique ID of the activity record. If it is linked to an e-mail address, I could lose my job.

Leave a Reply