⛔️ Fresh Perspectives | Badge of the Month | October 2020 | XM Community

⛔️ Fresh Perspectives | Badge of the Month | October 2020

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Last quarter, we officially launched our new Badge of the Month program, which will run every month from here on out. The goal of this program is to bring together different thoughts and opinions about a new topic each month, so that the community can learn and grow together!

HOW TO PARTICIPATE:

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic or activity for you to participate in and to help get the conversation going. Depending on the difficulty or complexity of the question / challenge, we will keep it open for 1 week or 2 weeks to ensure you have enough time to participate.
When the new Badge of the Month question / topic / activity is posted, feel free to leave a comment and invite others in the community to join in the conversation! If you see an opinion you can relate to or would love to hear more about what that person thinks, feel free to engage with each other and ask questions.
All community members who contribute to the post with a thoughtful comment, or engage with others will receive a badge. Each Badge of the Month post will indicate how long you have to respond to the post in order to receive the badge.

BADGE OF THE MONTH | OCTOBER 2020

Participate in this month's discussion between October 1 and October 16 to receive this badge worth 10 points. If you miss out on responding to this post, don't worry, we plan to have a new question, topic, or activity every month so you can pop back in next time for your chance to participate, connect with others, and earn a badge!
Challenge: Share a project where you've recently hit a roadblock on and need a new perspective. What is the project and what areas are you struggling with?
*If you have a support related question, you'll want to reach out to our Support team for the quickest response.
Sometimes we work on tasks / projects for so long that we become fixated on one solution and can't move past it. Bringing in a fresh, new perspective to help out may be our last hope. Although we may come from different backgrounds and unique fields, we all think like Qualtricians and know how to be scrappy to help improve experiences. Share a project that you've hit a roadblock on and need a new perspective. What specific areas are you struggling in? Let's see if someone from our community can provide a fresh new outlook to help you move forward!

15 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Trying to use Qualtrics to accommodate close loop process, often leads to look into the amazing Follow-up feature and the ticket structure. Often I find lack of information around how to best setup the follow-up feature, and since this is a brand level functionality, on enterprise programs, you do need to get your head around how to design it for multiple teams to have access to the right information at the right workflow.
Recently I had to support a simple close loop process and I could not get away from using follow-up feature. In the end, a simple survey and a table style widget at the dashboard was all what it took to setup this process. Having the ability to add on comments to a response with a less positive score was all that was required.

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

Recently we implemented the COVID-19 Symptom Screener in our organization. In doing so, it has created a "Participant" account for all of our employees. I am wondering if there is an easy way to switch all of their accounts to a "Standard" Qualtrics user. Right now I am trying to manually go in and switch them but it is a bit of a time consuming project.
Note - we use SSO for our accounts.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

We lately were struggling 2-factors authentications to be implemented for our customer as we wanted to ensure that the participants are the one who did a transaction with us. That was applied for WebFeedback as well as normal surveys for NPS. We would love to have such a feature in an easy way to implement for 2-factors authentication (survey link prompt a phone number to send a code to for accessing the survey instead of relying on ordinary authentication against contact list parameters)

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/30907#Comment_30907Hi Muqaibil! You may want to reach out to our Support team about this roadblock - this sounds like something our wonderful team could make recommendations for on how to implement using the Authenticator feature.

Badge +5

We recently added the Qualtrics Classroom via LTI into Canvas learning management system. We love the integrated course evaluations tool but have struggled in the past with response rates which are not optional for our professional degree students. Students must submit course evaluations and usually require numerous email reminders to get a 100% response rate, however in QC email reminders send them to the full list of course evaluations and are not targeted to a survey which may need immediate response or by a certain date while the others may be due several weeks later or lower stakes surveys.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Perhaps not a Roadblock as such, but as our Qualtrics Administrator moved on to new challenges at another company I had to deep dive into learning Qualtrics and setting up our bi-annual HUGE survey.
Setting up and testing through all the requested Skip- and display logic settings along with the "In page" feature (that you want to utilize as much as you can to minimize the number of pages of the survey) sure made it feel like I was standing still at a Road Block at times. But in the end I found my way around it and came out on top in the end.
Still have a couple if outstanding items that I might have to be a little creative with. But that's the fun part. :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/30909#Comment_30909Hi LaurenK ...
Thanks for your inputs but I might not have been clear about it but I am not talking about Authenticators function here which we are aware about; I am refereeing to OTP process for authentication..

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/30929#Comment_30929MattM - I am all too familiar with that feeling of thinking I'm done since I finished building the survey, but it really just means I've moved into phase 2 of testing endlessly! 🤯

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Not so much a roadblock as an ongoing challenge and opportunity. While implementing Qualtrics as a tool for generating insight about how people interact with our products, teaching product owners that CX data is a useful tool for them to learn about whom they are serving, and how effectively they are doing so, is a cultural change for staff who are used to working in a project management, rather than a product ownership, mentality.
We are working to speak with product owners and their staffs to show them how they can use CX data to make improvements, and how it is a source of opportunity rather than anxiety. So we are not "stuck" as much as experiencing an ongoing challenge for demonstrating the value of customer experience insight.

Badge +1

The roadblock or challenge my team faces is to articulate tactical starting points and strategic roadmap for our XM journey. While we have CX initiatives in swing, we need to come up with a maturity framwwork wherein we define how we shall crawl, walk, run and eventually fly in our XM journey.

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

We have recently struggled in removing roles from a huge set of users.
We have around 12k users who have been assigned with the wrong roles for a XM dashboard.

Badge +1

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/30952#Comment_30952This is such a valid point AdamK12 Most people forget its do vital to really engage the team into what to do with eth data when it arrives, to not see it as a case for anxiety and to assure meaningful actions are taken from it. We work with most teams first on understanding human centric design principles, agile working and how to distinguish noise from insight and how to make a decision when and how to act on this insight and as a next step we help teams to also link any changes they do to operational data and insights so that they can really show how their action has had an impact. This will ensure further business support as well as continued buy in and a sense of success at team level. Nothing better than knowing your process and product changes had a real positive impact on consumer experience but also on bottom line. Like anything switching to a more insight and experience centric operation needs to follow the usual change curve:
Create awareness and desire by explaining the change and new systems and the benefit. Enable people by providing the right training (not just how to work the tool but also how to read and act on the data) and how to work more agile. The same principles of qualtrics should be applied internally to close the loop internally, get frequent feedback from the teams how the new way of working is working out, and co-create the new way of working iteratly and jointly with the employees and stakeholders in mind. change is hard and just data by itself doesn't get anyone to change.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/30952#Comment_30952I understand that frustration. We're also in a similar situation where we are trying to encourage our product managers to talk to more of our members (customers). What we've tried to do is show how easy it is and try and encourage our PMs to change their mindset and narrow in on the why it's important to talk to customers.
At the end of the day, they will actually save time in the long run by talking to customers and testing their products than releasing products that aren't fit for purpose.
Best of luck to you and your teams. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Our organization has struggled with tying in course evaluations, requests for certificates, and testimonial gathering. It may be that we are trying to do too much at once. The number of redirects is not ideal - although redirects are better than manual navigation from our learners.
We are currently discussing the workflow that we want. Our request for certificate will be done through Google Forms. Google has an awesome feature that upon completion it populates data into a Google Sheet and in Google Sheets you can do some reasonable manipulation to run a mail merge, create a PDF, and email that PDF instantaneously. This is creating a much better user experience than the daily .csv files we had Qualtrics send to us that then used Scheduled Tasks and Microsoft macros to create and send the PDF.
Our likely solution is to put the evaluation in a module that gets released when the prior modules are complete. That the evaluation will redirect to a testimonial Qualtrics survey (if they want to leave one) so their name and ratings aren't in the same place. And the course evaluation and testimonial will redirect to the Google Form. We will also have to include the link to the Google Form somewhere in the class in case students' flow gets interrupted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Amy_boz Thanks--you've hit on an important dimension of CX which is making sure PMs/POs see the value of it. It also requires a change in mindset from:
--I don't want to take the time to talk to customers
--I'm afraid that if I receive negative feedback from customers, I will lose my bonus/budget/project/job
to:
--I need to understand my customers so that I can deliver the products they want
--I need to understand how my customers interact with the products I manage so that we can continuously improve them
It's a journey, and different people proceed at different speeds, but it's an encouraging path to travel. Best of luck to you too!

Leave a Reply