Reporting - Excel Daily Email Trigger | XM Community
Solved

Reporting - Excel Daily Email Trigger

• 14 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi,
I'm looking for an Excel report of all the data from a survey in a usable format. Users must login to Qualtrics to download the CSV or Excel from the Data & Analysis tab, then transform the data after deleting unnecessary columns (i.e. Response ID, IP Address, etc.). Is there a trigger that can send an Excel report to a designated person on a daily basis that contains basic information like: name, email address, survey questions, and answers? Any help would be appreciated.
Brianna

icon

Best answer by SpencerDT 22 October 2020, 15:42

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Hi Brianne, one approach would be to click "reports" and click the "reports" subheader below next to the "results" header. You can create a custom report that has any fields you would like to include and set up a schedule that this report is shared.
An alternative method would be to set up an automation and connection to an SFTP server and set up parameters around what info you would like included. That is a little more complicated process, but might be what you are looking for if you would a format that can be opened in excel.

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

I second the response export automation, https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/data/download-data/response-export-automations/

Badge +2

Those are the work arounds I've found so far. I wish the automation didn't involve connection to an SFTP server. Not a simple solution for this one, but thank you both for the help!

Badge +1

I agree, there should be a simple solution to this request, but I don't believe it exists. A simple way to add a filter to the data and analysis section and set up a daily automated export of that to send a csv file to an email address specified would be amazing. If you make that request I'll vote for it! This is something that has come up countless times at my organization.

Leave a Reply