Hot Spot to Rank Order to Embedded Data? | XM Community
Solved

Hot Spot to Rank Order to Embedded Data?

• 15 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I've got a list of 100 categories that I want people to pick their top 3 from. Have setup a Hot Spot question with every category having its own region. This is working.
I have their 3 choices Carry Forward into a Rank Order question so respondents can rank them 1,2,3. This is working.
Now I want to refer to each of the ranked items in future questions, but the built-in functionality only allows me to identify the "Choice with Lowest Value" and the "Choice with Highest Value". I'm not seeing how to get to the second choice.
I found some guidance online to use JavaScript to take the items from Rank Order, put them into an array and then fix them into embedded variables, but it's not working for me. I don't know much about JavaScript, but did make sure the QID# and variable names were adjusted in the script I copied.

icon

Best answer by chart 15 October 2020, 18:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Post the script you are using. Be sure to format it as code.

Badge +1

Thank you for the response TomG. I ended up getting some guidance from Support to use Loop & Merge and pipe in each of the ranked choices into a loop, in the order they'd been ranked in. Since I wanted to ask the same questions for each ranked choice this worked really well and didn't require JavaScript.
Thanks again for your quick response.

Leave a Reply