Anonymous and individual links and follow up surveys | XM Community
Question

Anonymous and individual links and follow up surveys

• 15 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello,
I've read lots of posts and tried to following some of the support instructions but I can't seem to work this out.
If I have an initial baseline survey via an anonymous link, how can I send an email ten weeks later asking participants of the first survey to complete a second survey. I can set up an email task for this but then I can't schedule reminders for this second survey and I don't think I can send individual links this way? I can't select a date as per email distribution because it will just be ten weeks after they completed the first survey. Any help on this is very much appreciated!
Many thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

If you collect email and whatever other information you need about the respondent in the first survey, you can use a Survey Response/XM Directory Action to add the respondent to a contact list. You can then send invites and reminders to the contact list.
If you want to automate the entire process you can use a Survey Response/Web Service Action to call a script that uses the API to do everything (add to contact list, schedule invite in 10 week, schedule reminder, etc.)

Thanks for your reply TomG I have tried to set up an XM Directory Action (as per the guidance for linking longitudinal studies) but it just doesn't work? After entering the information it doesn't allow me to save, making me think I am missing something that is required, but I can't work out what.
'Survey Response/Web Service Action to call a script that uses the API to do everything' - I think this might be a bit beyond my limited knowledge, is it something I can request support for from the Support Team?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/31187#Comment_31187Support can help you figure out what you are missing in the XM Directory Action. They will not help you with an API automation script.

Beth_R123 were you able to figure this out? Im doing almost the same design.

Leave a Reply