randomised selection + Standard questions | XM Community
Solved

randomised selection + Standard questions

• 15 October 2020
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Hi everyone,
This is a tricky one. I have 162 sound stimuli organised in pairs. In theory, I would like my survey to display 2 pairs to the user and then terminate. The questionnaire should have approximately the following flow:

1. Randomly select 1 pair

2. randomly select the order of presentation of the items

3. Display the first item of the pair + ask a standard set of questions

4. Display the second item of the pair + ask the same standard set of questions

5. Back to point 1, but DO NOT select the pair that was displayed earlier

I think point 2 and 5 are a bit tricky. But they are not the only one. I would also like the user to be able to re-listen to an audio items as many times as needed while answering the related questions.
Please help, I have been on this forever, and all I came up with is a survey with literally hundreds of questions and many nested randomisers
Thanks,
Elia

icon

Best answer by LaurenK 9 November 2020, 15:26

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Elia! We checked with our Support team about this one and they recommended having one randomizer set up with multiple groups inside of it, and each group should have 2 sound blocks - each block would have 1 item and a standard set of questions. Block randomization should also be turned on for which question would be shown first. As for the last part, you will want to copy this setup for the user to go through again, but there is not a guarantee they will not get the pair chosen in the first randomizer, editing count would be the best option for trying to attempt this. If you have any additional questions about this setup, be sure to follow up with our wonderful Support team, as they are best equipped to help! 😊

Leave a Reply