How do you make two blocks repeat??

• 16 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Level 2 ●●
  • 2 replies

Hi Community,
I am hoping someone can help me with my situation here!
I have several blocks within my survey, but I would like have two specific blocks (in sequence) to be repeated 30 times.

For the first block, I am asking participants to come up with a memory related to "humiliated". (The word keeps changing, 30 times because there are 30 different words)
For the second block, I am asking participants to rate the emotions, specificity, age, etc. of the retrieved memory.

After their rating(the second block), I want them to go back to the first block (with a different word- I figured out this part)
My question is HOW do I make them go to the first block after they finish their rating? Also, how do I repeat this 30 times?

I would appreciate your help!!

icon

Best answer by Kaihao 18 May 2021, 06:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Use loop and merge. Put all the word (eg: "humiliated") in the loop and merge field and pipe this field in the question text.

Hi both (rondev and hkim) or anyone from the community,
I encounter the same problem as well and I am stuck at how to make this work. I don't think I understand what rondev means....I know the loop and merge function, and I know what piping does, but I don't get the big picture of how everything is connected.
Basically for my design, I want the participants to type out what they hear from the audio recordings and rate the English speech.
For the first block, participants have to type out what they hear from the speech (text entry response). The audio keeps changing, and there are 48 different audio.
For the second block, I am asking participants to rate the speech in terms of comprehensibility, familiarity and accentedness (3 questions).
Participants should be able to play the 48 different audio from the first block (randomly) with the same follow up rating questions in the second block. Attached are pictures of how I want them to turn out for each question.
image.pngimage.pngWould appreciate it if anyone of you could guide me on this. Thanks!🤣

Leave a Reply