How to make Qualtrics capture experimental responses along with conditions labeled | XM Community
Question

How to make Qualtrics capture experimental responses along with conditions labeled

• 16 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, I am trying to design a repeated measures experiment with Qualtrics. The experimental stimuli created out of 4 conditions are evenly distributed into different blocks. The experimental stimuli with varying conditions in each block are set up using loop&merge function. My question is how to label each question (experimental stimuli) with a condition name which should be made invisible to participants, and how to make Qualtrics capture the response to each stimuli from participants along with the condition name that is assigned to each condition? Any javascript code could be used to achieve this?
Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Wouldn't changing the question names suffice? Otherwise perhaps a minimally reproducible example of your problem (.qsf ideally) and a desired output could help.
Cheers!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 10.37.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-19 at 10.38.02 AM.pngThanks. Here is an example of what I was trying to achieve. I plan to distribute the experimental stimuli in Field 1 and one condition among three is assigned to each sentence. There are six blocks of questions like so. Each participant will be randomly assigned with one block of sentences. By implementing the code ${lm://Field/1}, the sentences in each block are randomly presented to the participant. But I found Qualtrics couldn't capture the condition to each question but only the sentences in the data exported with what I have set up. How can I change settings to make Qualtrics record the condition along with each sentence to which the condition is assigned? Should I resort to any Javascript code to achieve this?
Thanks again for your reply.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Maybe you could check out this link.

Leave a Reply