retake links and survey versions | XM Community
Question

retake links and survey versions

• 20 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, I have a fairly straight forward question I think, but I cant find an answer for it.
If a client starts a survey, then I find an error in the survey after they have started it, I can amend and publish, but the client will continue with the previous version they started. My changes won't show in the survey they are completing.
After the client records their response, if I send them a retake link, will the retake point them to the latest version or the version they originally responded to?
Thanks!
TCA

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi TCA ,
That is correct. Respondents with a survey in progress are locked into the version of the survey at the time they started it. Sending a retake link after they complete will point them to the latest version of the survey.
Another option you might consider is to delete the client's in progress response; they can use the original survey link to start over, and it will reflect the latest version of the survey. Of course the longer the survey is and/or the more the client has completed, the less viable this solution is.

Leave a Reply