Sending emails to email address of contacts that aren't the actual contact.. | XM Community
Question

Sending emails to email address of contacts that aren't the actual contact..

• 21 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Qualtrics users!
So I had a question, the contacts I hold in the directory include a wealth of embedded data. Some of that data includes the names/email addresses of the people in my company who are the customers contract manager.
Is it possible to use Qualtrics to email those people rather than the customer contact by using their embedded data somehow ?
I'll explain my thinking.

1. I plan to invite 100 customers into our NPS survey process.

2. Before i invite them, I want to give the contract managers a heads up

3. Because all the useful embedded data is already attached to the contact, I was wondering if I could someone pull the customer info and send that to the contract managers so they have a heads up who is going to surveyed

4. The 100 customers then get their invite

I might be thinking to much into this but I can't see any way to do it so thought i'd ask the experts!
Cheers

RicM

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi RicM ,
I think the only way to do this in Qualtrics is to use the embedded data to create a second email list where the contract managers' names and emails become the directory record instead of the customer. Assuming that each manager has more than one customer, though, you might have to get creative in how you assign first or last name to avoid duplicates if you want managers to get a separate email for each customer they have. Something like:
First Name / Last Name / Email
Jack Smith / Customer1 / emailaddress1
Jack Smith / Customer2 / emailaddress1
Jane Smythe / Customer 3 / emailaddress2
And so on...

Badge

Hi MatthewM
Thanks so much for this reply - Yes contract managers have multiple customers which could get quite tricky !
I will give it some further thought :)

Leave a Reply