Change look of Matrix style question | XM Community
Question

Change look of Matrix style question

• 27 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi, I'm not sure if this is even possible but curious if anyone knows how to change the look of the matrix style question. Currently, it has the statements to the left, the scale above, and to select, you choose a radio button. I want to change the way this functions to be more like a multiple choice question where you just have a square button with the scale inside it.
So, still with the statements to the left, but no scale on top...each option is a button with the number inside it. I've attached a look of what i"m going for. Thanks for any advice anyone has.
KBB DV Page.jpg

9 replies

Badge +3

A easy solution to your request would be to make a change to the "Look and Feel" of your survey. Click Look and Feel --> Layout --> select classic theme.
The result is that it transitions your survey layout from a HTML control to a button control type which is the request. The only trade-off is that you'll not get the text above 1 and 10 directly but that's achievable too with the help of JQuery and CSS.
In case you want to keep it simple and straight - the change in theme should do the needful and how you design your questions.
Example attached
Button_Style.png.

Thanks for this idea. In your example, are you using the Matrix style question or the multiple choice? When I change to other styles the matrix still always shows up with the radio buttons.

Badge +3

Hi bradr636
In my example - those are individual questions (multi choice questions) shown on same page because if you use matrix style question it will show up in similar row and column format which will not meet your needs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

bradr636 ,
If you are interested, I have a non-free script that does what you are looking for. It has a lot of features too numerous to list here. Here is a pic with a few example questions:
image.png
Contact me by private message if interested.

Badge +4

Hi Tom
We have got the Hebrew reversal working fine thank you.
What we would like to do next is to get the layout like the small UX screen shot below.
image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/48723#Comment_48723The function I mentioned in the post above does a layout very similar to what you posted. More details on the function can be found here. Contact me by private message if interested.

Badge +4

Hi Tom
Does this work with "Matrix Table" and Type "Likert"?
We have everything setup for this question type.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/48732#Comment_48732Yes, it does.

Badge +4

Also PM'd you Tom

Leave a Reply