Disable autoplay when reloaded for error message | XM Community
Question

Disable autoplay when reloaded for error message

• 29 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi all,
I want the participants to listen to the audio just once, so I have set the audio to autoplay with the control buttons hidden. However, if I click "next" without selecting any response, the page refreshes (reloads) with the error message "Please answer this question" and plays the audio again. Is there a way to disable autoplay when the page is reloaded for error message (due to force response option)?
Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Instead you can also disable the Next button when the page loads and enable only if a selection is made. This will not make the page to refresh.

Hi rondev,
Thank you for the comment! Can I also add a condition in which the next button is enabled only after the audio is finished (or maybe after a fixed interval)? So that participants can only click the next button when they have heard the audio stimuli till the end AND when they have selected a choice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/31567#Comment_31567Yes this is also possible.

rondev can you elaborate on how that is possible? Thank you. I tried autoplay, but cannot interact with the survey pre-publishing without the file loading and reloading. I would like to disable the "next" button on the page to ensure the full file is played but not paused or repeated.

Leave a Reply