How to use 'continue' button from embedded mouselabweb iframe to click next button in Qualtrics? | XM Community
Question

How to use 'continue' button from embedded mouselabweb iframe to click next button in Qualtrics?

• 10 November 2020
  • 0 replies

Dear all,
I am facing a problem that I am not able to solve by myself apparently - probably due to missing the in-depth programming skills.

In a Qualtrics survey, I embed a php script which I built using mouselabWEB. The script itself works nicely, it is also nicely displayed in Qualtrics. The problem, however, is that participants have to click on the mouselabWEB continue button otherwise data will not be save on my server. One option to make sure everyone clicks on continue in the embedded iframe is to have this button communicate with the Qualtrics page. More specifically, when clicking on continue in the iframe the Qualtrics page should advance.
From what I found out, I think I need to use javascript on the respective Qualtrics page. Something like
window.addEventListener('submit', receiveMessage, false);
 function receiveMessage()
 {
 $('NextButton').click()
 }

I am not sure what mouselab is sending (is it 'submit'?), the information in the php script says:

Could anyone help or suggest a different way of handling this?

Thanks in advance

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply