Can I have an early exit from a loop and merge, based on responses to the most recent 10 questions? | XM Community
Question

Can I have an early exit from a loop and merge, based on responses to the most recent 10 questions?

• 11 November 2020
  • 1 reply

For my survey, I am trying to create a block that presents one picture at a time, and which has respondents answering a multiple-choice question with options "yes" or "no" for each picture. There will be 50 pictures, in a random order. I have figured out how to do that with a loop and merge, to avoid endless copy-pasting. Now my problem is as follows:
Each picture has a correct answer (which may be "yes" or "no", depending on which picture it is). From what I gather, I can specify that as one of the fields, next to each image's ID. I want my respondents to prematurely exit the loop-and-merge and proceed to the next block if they have picked the correct answer for at least 9 out of the previous 10 pictures (the 9 do not have to be consecutive, just at least 9 total out of the most recent 10).
I have figured out how to get them to prematurely exit the loop (using this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25766238/prematurely-exiting-a-loop-and-merge-block-in-qualtrics ) but not how to make it conditional on getting the correct answer at least 9 times for the most recent 10 pictures. Is this possible? Or is there an alternative that would achieve kind of the same thing?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi VerenaB - I am moving this question over to our Developer Corner, as it doesn't seem like there is a way to accomplish this with a Loop & Merge without using custom code.

Leave a Reply