Displaying information when hovering over a hotbox area on a photo | XM Community
Question

Displaying information when hovering over a hotbox area on a photo

• 12 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,
I have a graphic image where different areas of the image are hotboxes. I would like to embed a display logic where if a participant clicks that hotbox area, there will be a popup/little box that comes up showing additional information related to that particular hotbox.
The easiest way to explain this would be if I had a map of New York City, if I clicked the hotbox associated with Manhattan, then a box would pop up showing information I've inputted in about population density, gender, etc. This pop up would differ as I clicked hotboxes for Queen's, Brooklyn, etc.
Is it possible to do this with the hotbox question? I would appreciate your help!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi nkannan - I'm moving this question over to our Custom Code category, as this is not possible with current out-of-the-box functionality!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you are using Hot Spot question then you can add click event on specific svg path and then use alert or jquery dialog to show respective information.

Leave a Reply