Google Sheets Integration - Currently Getting x4 Entries per Qualtrics Response | XM Community
Solved

Google Sheets Integration - Currently Getting x4 Entries per Qualtrics Response

• 16 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello,
I have an Action that links a survey response to the web service action of placing Qualtrics responses into a Google Sheet. Since November I have been getting multiple (x4) entries into the linked Google Sheet for each Qualtrics Response.
I have contacted support and they agree that since there is only one entry in the 'Data & Analysis' with corresponding action report too, this is a Google Sheets integration issue.

Any suggestions on where to look to resolve this or what questions do you have for me.

Cheers

B

icon

Best answer by mklubeck 17 November 2020, 17:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

hi BrianXgarner I am also experiencing this...and found out what is going on. It turns out that there is an error message being sent to Qualtrics that the request was not fulfilled and their process retries three times (total of 4). The latest information from Qualtrics is:
Currently, it appears that with the latest Google update, Qualtrics' current configuration for needRetry: null is causing the calls to retry several times in an attempt to successfully pass a call. Unfortunately, this configuration is an intended functionality, since when a call fails our system will have it fire again several times to see if an error is persistent or not. And since the call set up is custom designed externally they are suggesting the code be reviewed and adjusted so the calls are able to pass successfully. 
That being said, one recommendation I received from a colleague is to make ajax requests via Add Javascript, and create your own exception handling. While I cannot provide any assistance regarding how this could be built, this can at least direct you to a possible route for how you might be able to control the configuration so the call doesn't resend, such as overwriting the setup for needRetry to be false instead of null. Either that or your code may have to be adjusted so the servers are able to read the calls successfully without allowing an error to pass. 

I'm looking into this now...

Thanks for the response, this is beyond my ability, going to reach out to smarter people to implement this.

Cheers

Badge +1

Is it at all possible to be given settings for how to treat null values for need retry?

Badge +1

Same thing is happening for me. Is there any solution? I'm not that save to write anything custom to get around this.

Thanks!

Badge +3

Has anyone had luck with writing custom code to fix this issue? We're also experiencing problems with this bug at our organization but lack the internal technical expertise to develop a solution. Thanks!

Leave a Reply