Can you allow multi-complete on a personal link? | XM Community
Solved

Can you allow multi-complete on a personal link?

• 23 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • QPN Level 4 ●●●●
  • 216 replies

Hi all,
Is it possible to make some setting that allows for multiple survey completions, when using a personal link?
Currently when we revisit a personal link, Qualtrics sais "you have already completed this survey".
Is there some setting that I overlooked, with which you can allow that a personal link is used multiple times?

Kr
Joyca

icon

Best answer by rondev 23 November 2020, 23:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hmm, this doesn't sound possible to me. Could you share more about your use case and why you would want to do this, instead of just sharing an anonymous link? Or, if you need to use more than one link, maybe using query strings?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Check this - Multiple Completes if this is what you want.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/32028#Comment_32028That would be what I need yes!
Unfortunately, that option does not show up in "Generate Links", only in "Send Email" :(
I checked what such a link looks like, if we'd be able to reconstruct it...
But the multi-complete link looks like this:
this RID is not the same as the contact ID when I export the contact list.
With "inspect" in the browser it does show up somewhere as:

But nowhere as actually visible or exportable in the UI...

Badge +1

JoycaV , a bit late, but i will leave it here to help other people with similar problem.
There is a workaround to use rondev solution in the following way:

• Empty the E-mail field of your contact list.

• Share your list by mail distribution, selecting the "Multiple Completes" option.

• (All mails will fail, because there is no e-mail in your contact list)

• Download the history of that distribution. There you will have the link for each contact, same way of personal link. BUT, that link will accept the multiple completes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/50487#Comment_50487Hmm, emptying the email field in the contact list seems like a dangerous thing to do, if that is your deduplication field. If while the field is empty, integrations are running that add contact data with an email address, then you probably end up with duplicates...

Leave a Reply