Embedded data based on URL parameter

• 30 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
  • Level 5 ●●●●●
  • 449 replies

Hi all,
I am struggling to set embedded data field value based on whether a URL contains a certain parameter.
I am using a Referer and Q_URL fields and want to set up embedded data based on, e.g. if the URL contains word "product" in it. The link is recorded correctly, but the Embedded data field is not populated. I use the following logic in the Survey flow:
image.pngI tried recording the value of the Referer / Q_URL in another ED field "Link1" and tried to set the value from that field, but it is also not working. The Link1 field is populated with the correct URL, but the ED field i try to fill in is again empty..

icon

Best answer by MsIreen 1 December 2020, 10:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

You need to set the embedded data prior to the branch logic
Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 3.27.29 PM.pngAnd since its a built in variable you just selected it from the dropdown.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Radam i did that in different ways, and as i mentioned, it is populated correctly, but the ED field i need is not :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Oh well... I just started setting up the ED field after the End of Survey message in the Survey flow 🤪
Moved it up and it is working fine

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

To help actually see what is in the ED field you can add a text question and pipe the value of the ED into the text. I use this to troubleshoot variables to ensure what I'm looking for is actually what I'm getting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks, I was actually piping the URL part, not the ED Apparently by the end of this year my mental capabilities have drained :D

Leave a Reply