Eventsubscriptions (surveyengine.completedResponse.[survey_id]) don't always generate a callback | XM Community
Question

Eventsubscriptions (surveyengine.completedResponse.[survey_id]) don't always generate a callback

• 2 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

We are using the eventsubscriptions endpoint to collect responses from a few different surveys we current have running. Most of the time it works, but roughly 1 out of every 50-75 survey responses never make it back to our platform. I've searched our logs for all responses from Qualtrics for certain survey Response IDs that I can get from the Qualtrics UI and have confirmed they are never being sent back to us.
One such example is response ID: R_2azCkmt2dz7miFH
from survey ID: SV_aUXwQl7uFaUpHr7
According to this guide: https://api.qualtrics.com/guides/docs/Guides/Common%20Tasks/listen-to-and-retrieve-responses-in-real-time.md they mention the opposite problem of getting too many responses (which we also handle as advised), but there is nothing about not getting only some responses.
Is this a bug in the Qualtrics platform? Could someone from the customer support/development team please take a look at that response ID to see if a callback was sent at all?
Thank you!

2 replies

For me, it used to work fine but now there seem to be some issues as well.

Badge +1

Is there something that needs to be configured in order for the complete event to post to our site. We've defined the EventSubscriptions using the API, and I can list and see that they exist and are pointing to the correct site. However, we get nothing from Qualtrics. I can manually hit our site and see that we go through our logic - which redirects the activity. This gets logged and I can see my manual hit in the logs - but absolutely nothing from Qualtrics.

Leave a Reply