Integrating survey and tracking participants with other platforms | XM Community
Solved

Integrating survey and tracking participants with other platforms

• 3 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello community,
So I have a qualtics survey created. I now want to post this survey in a paid freelancer platform. It's not a public post, but I need to individually message each freelancer and give them the survey link. I want to track which participants actually completed the survey so that I can pay them? Is there any way to do this using some parameters?
Any leads are appreciated.
Thanks.

icon

Best answer by AHammell 3 December 2020, 18:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi there,
The easiest way I find to track participant information is through using an embedded data field and URL query string. First, I would create the following embedded data field on the very top of my survey flow:
Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 11.22.59 AM.pngNote that I left the embedded data field set to "Value will be set from Panel or URL".
Then, you can add a query string to your survey URL (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/passing-information-through-query-strings/), which will provide Qualtrics with each participant's ID information. The URL that you would give to each participant would look something like so:

https://survey.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SID=SV_1234?ID=12345

See that a query string is added to the end of the Qualtrics survey link--- you first add a question mark, followed by the embedded data field name (i.e. "ID" in this case), followed by an equals sign, followed by a given participant's ID.
You would update the ID number for each participant. When a given participant enters the survey, their ID that you gave them in their query string URL will be recorded by the embedded data field that you set in the survey flow. You would, of course, want to keep track of which codes you gave to which participants in a key somewhere.

Badge

Thanks a lot 🙂 it solves my problem.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Glad it helps!!

Leave a Reply