Personalized links for longitudinal studies | XM Community
Question

Personalized links for longitudinal studies

• 4 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,
I want to compute a study and am considering using Qualtrics to do so. There are 2 important functions I would need.

1. It is going to be a longitudinal survey in which participants have the opportunity to fill in the instruments multiple times. They can should when and how many times they want to complete the surveys. Due to data security regulations, it won't be possible to ascribe IDs to each participant so the plan is to compute personalized urls and save the url which was used to access the survey to the data set (e.g. reference the urls). Is there a possibility to implement this in qualtrics?

2. A branching logic will be applied, so that items are only shown depending on answers to previous items. But this should be possible on one page. Is qualtrics able to do that without writing code?

Thanks in advance!!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Question 2 is definitely possible. Look up Display Logic and Skip Logic.
I'm a little confused about Question 1. It appears that you individual's to have a unique ID, but you want to keep any record of it. Perhaps one way could be to ask them to create some unique code, which they can use in the survey again and again. Alternatively, you could generate a random number and ask them to store it and use it in the future surveys.

Leave a Reply