Default Values for Multi Value Fields | XM Community
Solved

Default Values for Multi Value Fields

• 23 July 2018
  • 6 replies

We are currently applying default values to our text boxes via embedded data from the contact list we are using and its working great. We are looking to use the same feature on our single multi-value field, but it doesn't look like that functionality exists. It appears you are only able to select a default value for once for each survey and not have it dependent on the embedded data. Can someone please confirm or let us know if there is another way to do this. Thx.
icon

Best answer by TomG 23 July 2018, 17:46

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Yes, you are correct. You can use JavaScript to select default choices based on embedded data.
Badge +1
Hi Tom, I am also interested in doing similar, but it has been a few years since I have used javascript. Do you have any pointers on how to achieve this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Navitas_Nets said:
> Hi Tom, I am also interested in doing similar, but it has been a few years since I have used javascript. Do you have any pointers on how to achieve this?

You need to pipe the embedded data into the JS, parse it as needed, and programmatically check the appropriate choices.
Badge +1
Ok, this may be a bit more complex than I can handle right now as I've yet to play with JS in Qualtrics, so not familiar with how access the embedded data, but I think some googling might help me get there. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Navitas_Nets said:
> Ok, this may be a bit more complex than I can handle right now as I've yet to play with JS in Qualtrics, so not familiar with how access the embedded data, but I think some googling might help me get there. Thanks!

Pipe it in:
```
var ed = "${e://Field/ed}";
```
Badge +1
Great thank you.

Leave a Reply