Intercept for site exiting users desktop & mobile | XM Community
Solved

Intercept for site exiting users desktop & mobile

• 7 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello lovely community!
My company is implementing stand alone apps in our business partners' websites.
We wish to offer a survey for exiting users (Leaving so soon, why etc.).
Pop under, our first choice is not "mobile friendly".
Responsive dialog with "exit intent" firing the responsive pop up : works only for desktop users when their mouse leaves the main part of the browser, and not at all for mobile users.
Support team suggested I create a different intercept for mobile user.
I don't know how to to that.
What I need is an intercept that fires when users both on desktop and mobile exit our pages.
I tried to read the page on JavaScript Manual responsive triggers but I don't know JS.
Can you help?

icon

Best answer by Radam 7 December 2020, 20:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

You can set up multiple intercepts. To check if device is/isn't mobile just use this action set editing the "Is Not" depending on desired outcome:
Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 2.37.49 PM.png

Badge +2

Namaste Guru! 😉
Thank you for sharing, I'll keep this one for sure!
The solution you're suggesting answers partially to what I'm looking for :
I wish that both website exiting user types, desktop & mobile, be able to see the intercept and answer to why they're leaving. I can create multiple intercepts but can't find the solution to target mobile users.
I think Javascript manual intercept can be the solution, but it'll necessitate work from both our dev teams and partners' teams on which website we embedd our page (stand alone page and APIs).
But I don't know java and would like to lessen any additionnal work from dev or IT teams at both our level and at partners' level.

Badge +2

Hello lovely community!
Am reposting this as my comment did not get reactions...
My company is implementing stand alone apps in our business partners' websites.
We wish to offer a survey for exiting users (Leaving so soon, why etc.).
Pop under, our first choice is not "mobile friendly" and the survey in the pop under won't fire on exiting the website as we had set it. Neither in mobile, nor in desktop testing users.
Responsive dialog with "exit intent" firing the responsive pop up : works only for desktop users when their mouse leaves the main part of the browser, and not at all for mobile users.
Support team suggested I create a different intercept for mobile user. I know how to but I don't know how to ask the intercept to fire when mobile users exit the web pages I'm targeting.
What I need is an intercept that fires when users both on desktop and mobile exit the web pages.
I tried to read the page on JavaScript Manual responsive triggers but I don't know JS.
My guess is a javascript code to write manually for the intercept to fire on site exit. I don't know JavaS, can you help?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi MarcK - I wanted to jump in here and let you know that the On Exit Intent setting, or trying to apply Javascript to setup something similar, will not work on mobile browsers. The setting relies on a user's cursor, which is not used in its entirety on mobile devices.
I'd otherwise recommend checking out this article that documents potential events that could be considered 'Mobile exit intent', such as pressing the back button, scrolling up, switching tabs, etc.

Badge +2

Hi Lauren,
Thanks for your response.
Not being a developper, I'll wait for Qualtrics Native solution for Mobile Exit intents.

Best,

MK

Leave a Reply