API ResponseUpdate not changing embedded value after editing value in UI | XM Community
Solved

API ResponseUpdate not changing embedded value after editing value in UI

• 14 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have been using the API to update embedded values. While testing, I used the Qualtrics Data and Analysis UI Edit button to change some records' embedded values. I then ran the update script and the values that I changed through the UI will not update.
I could update the value after using the "triangle" to revert to the original.
Is this expected behavior? The documentation does not cover any limitations regarding changing edited data.

icon

Best answer by StephanB 22 December 2020, 10:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Jutta_Hopp_Kantar, the behaviour you found recently has been stated by other users as well 😕.
JS_its, we have faced the same issue. We agree that the documentation should point out that UI edits prevent the API response update from working correctly (as the API response doesn't show that the update was not successful). Would be even better if the API could override manual UI edits by default or by parameter!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

JS_its, thank you for accepting my answer. But to be honest, I hoped for an official answer from Qualtrics about their documentation and about the expected behaviour...

Leave a Reply