Middle of survey pops up in a published version | XM Community
Question

Middle of survey pops up in a published version

• 17 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi. My previewed ready-to-go survey was fine but then as I was editing last minute changes and was about to send the link to participants, the published version took me to the middle of the survey. I continued editing and checking preview of the survey but alas, same thing. Is there a way to fix this?
I've looked up if users had similar issues. One of the solutions was to start a new project and log in all questions from the beginning. It's quite time-consuming. Any thoughts? Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Have you tried to revert to an earlier version? Maybe you can retrace your steps to see the thing that's causing the problem. Since it was fine earlier, maybe there is some tweak that you made to the survey flow that's causing this. Another thing would be to open in it a different browser (clear cache, cookies, everything, I've faced some older JS variables causing issues with my previews).
Also, before starting from scratch. Try making a copy and uploading via QSF.

I've already figured out. Created a new project from the old copy and published. It went without any glitches.

If you were checking the "published version" by clicking on the anonymous link or using a personal link, it is quite likely that your progress was saved from an earlier session that you had open.
Try to create a new personal link or open the anonymous link in an incognito window, and it should bring up the latest version of the survey.
This is extremely common among Qualtrics users who test their surveys extensively 😉

Leave a Reply