How to avoid Duplicate erros during E-mail Distribution? | XM Community
Question

How to avoid Duplicate erros during E-mail Distribution?

• 18 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello,
I am trying to bypass the build-in duplicate check. I wonder if you could help.
I am sending a survey to customers who did complete a training session. This is currently sent once per week due to some other limitations. But during the week customer can complete two different training sessions meaning I need to send two surveys to the same customer.
I am using embedded data to change a text within an e-mail to notify which course the survey is related to however I do still get duplicate errors because I am still sending an e-mail to the same customer. Is there any way to have Qualtircs not treat this as a duplicate but a separate survey?
It appears embedded data, even different for two separate courses, does not make the survey be seen as different. I am also having different course ID assigned to each of the surveys as embedded data.
I would appreciate any help!
Best Regards,
Marcin

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Marcin ,
I believe that Qualtrics is hardwired to prevent sending invites to duplicate emails in a single email list, even if names and embedded data are different.
You can either append "+1", "+2", etc to the username name part of the email address (though this doesn't work for all domains), or put the duplicates in a separate email list and send to them in a different distribution of the same survey.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Marcin,
If I understand the issue correctly, we do something similar and have had success by piping the embedded data that is different for each email into the Subject of the email.
For example, if we have one employee who attended two different courses and we want their feedback on both (they would be included in the contact list twice with different embedded data such as course title in each row), then we pipe course title into the Subject line of the email.
We usually pipe the embedded data field into the email body first, the cut and paste that piping into the Subject.
Now, I'm still pretty new at all this and cannot say if other things would affect this such as deduplication, but I would try piping embedded data that would be unique to each email into the Subject line.
Thanks,
Rob

Leave a Reply