Best Practices on Organizing Shared Contact Lists | XM Community
Question

Best Practices on Organizing Shared Contact Lists

• 18 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

There are 2 of us on the team that use Qualtrics and we use a shared library as well as shared contacts lists. What are the best practices for organizing the shared contact lists? We only started using Qualtrics this year and our mailing lists and sample lists (we upload a mailing list for every survey) are getting harder to organize.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Folders! You would both have to be good about using them though. When you create a contact list, you can specify the folder for it, and you'd have to get into the habit of doing that. You might have folders for months/years, audiences, etc.
I also think it's really important to clearly name contact lists.
And finally, if you're not reusing lists (since it sounds like you are uploading a new list for every survey), you could occasionally purge old lists just to keep the contact library cleaner.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks. I do use folders but I can only use them for lists and samples I created. When a list and its samples were shared with me, I cannot drag and drop them into a folder.

We use folders as well. However, I am having a hard time trying to find out how to put the lists in folders when you automate. Any ideas?

Leave a Reply