How to use survey flow (Branch logic) on matrix table question | XM Community
Solved

How to use survey flow (Branch logic) on matrix table question

• 26 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I have a matrix table (18x4) question that I need to apply skip logic too. I need participants below a certain sum score to skip to the last block of the survey while all other participants move through the rest of the questions.
So far I have tried three things:

1. using Branch Logic in survey flow with embedded data to calculate the total score for the matrix table - this does not seem to work without adding some kind of skip/display logic to the question itself.

2. moving the matrix table to another block while using above described branch logic- did not work

3. changing the matrix table to a "constant sum" question. This did not work either..

Any help & insight would be appreciated. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 28 December 2020, 03:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

From what you have written, it appears that you are not calculating the score properly. Because the only reason for option 2 to fail is either the score the score has not been calculated properly, or you are not setting the conditions properly. And since it's a simple less/greater than condition, I highly doubt the problem lies there. Take a look at scoring here. Maybe it helps.

Thank you for your suggestion! Unfortunately my survey flow still isn't working.
Screenshot 2020-12-27 163335.jpgI scored the questions and set up the branch logic as seen above. The same branch logic set up has worked for all my other questions when I *ALSO* include skip logic. Is something wrong with the survey flow?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

On the face of it, your survey flow looks fine. While you haven't mentioned what you mean by not working, I guess the problem is that people with a score of less than 54 are also able to see the end of your survey. If that is the case, then it's happening because there is no survey termination element in your branch. Below the ScreenOut block, there should ideally be a "End of Survey" element, to move them out of the survey, otherwise after seeing the ScreenOut block, they join the main branch.
If you mean something else by not working, then I would recommend rechecking if your ADHD is actually getting the value you are trying to assign it. Try seeing it in a question.

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/32934#Comment_32934Thank you!! This worked perfectly!

Leave a Reply