Displaying scores to respondents | XM Community
Solved

Displaying scores to respondents

• 5 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,
I created scoring for several questions in my survey. Now I want to present the results to my respondents in a visual form, e.g., a bar graph with means. Is it possible to do that in Qualtrics? I figured out how to get mean scores (using the pipe text), but I can't figure out how to create a visual...
Thank you!

icon

Best answer by LaurenK 26 January 2021, 17:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Amanda_Lemmon - if you have not yet already, we'd recommend taking a look at this support page about our different reporting options, and this page about Bar Graphs within Results Reports. You'll want to make sure your Score is not set to the Text Type Embedded Data Option. If you have any additional questions, you'll want to reach out to our Support team, as they are best equipped to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi LaurenK ,
I upvoted the question as I thought it was really interesting and I didn't know the answer.
In your reply, you mention options for reporting. However, reporting is for the Qualtrics users to view after respondents have filled in surveys.
What Amanda_Lemmon was asking, was a way to display a graph to the respondent, during the survey.
We have a similar case, where we have a sort of Quiz survey, and each question can give you one score-point on one of 6 different mentorship-styles.
At the end of the quiz, we show to the respondent how they scored on each of those styles, and what their "main" style is. Currently we show that in numbers, but a visual option would be a neat addition.
I think maybe with Javascript there could be a possibility... but I'm not a developer 😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi JoycaV! Thank you for clarifying - I didn't realize the ask was to display the visualization in the survey! It is not possible to display the visualization in the survey, but it sounds like your implementation is the next best thing to display information to the survey taker during their session.

Leave a Reply