Can I export Survey Translation File with DataExportTags instead of internal IDs? | XM Community
Solved

Can I export Survey Translation File with DataExportTags instead of internal IDs?

• 8 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello Community!
I was wondering if there is any way I can export a Survey Translation File with the same information that's visible all across the platform UI to me.
My issue is I've assigned the IDs to the question and question choices and question answers (in Matrix), but when I try to export this translation all I can see is internal QIDX and QIDX_ChoiceXX and QIDX_AnwerXX. Which I can understand, but I would prefer to get back from the system the QuestionIDs, Question Export Tags and Variable Namings since I took the time to actually fill them.
This is what I have entered to the system.
image.png
This is what I expect to get from the system with my Translation File.

• ID448 - Click to write the question text

• Q01 - First question, you see?

• Q02 - Second question, alright?

• Q03 - Third question, correct?

• Option01 - Yes

• Option02 - No

• Option 03 - Maybe

This is what I actually get from the system with my Translation File.
  • QID1_QuestionText - Click to write the question text

• QID1_Choice1 - First question, you see?

• QID1_Choice2 - Second question, alright?

• QID1_Choice3 - Third question, correct?

• QID1_Answer1 - Yes

• QID1_Answer2 - No

• QID_Answer3 - Maybe

Thanks!
Filip

icon

Best answer by LaurenK 25 January 2021, 18:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Filip_M - if you have not yet already, be sure to check out this support page about your export options! It sounds like you'll want to export with Choice text. If you have any follow up questions, please be sure to reach out to our wonderful Support team, as they are best equipped to help!

Leave a Reply