How to connect a message 'You have already completed this survey' to a 'code' authenticator? | XM Community
Solved

How to connect a message 'You have already completed this survey' to a 'code' authenticator?

• 8 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,
I am using Qualtrics to develop a survey with regard to measure the impact of an intervention through an RCT. We will do three measurement moments (i created three different projects in qualtrics for that: measurement 1, measurement 2, measurement 3 - to ensure not mixing anything up) and the data need to be anonymous. For that reason I created an authenticator: respondents need to fill in a code (received from me) before they can access the survey. That way I can afterwards link the completed surveys from the respondents through their code. This looks like this:
image.pngSo far, this works very fine. However, i now want the following: if a respondents completed the survey successfully, and goes back to the questionnaire, fills in their code - I want a message to be shown: 'You have already completed this survey. Thanks for your cooperation!'. I know their is a standard check for this in 'survey options', but it doesn't seem to connect/work to the code of the participants that I filled in through the authenticator. Can anyone help me with this?
I hope my question is clear?
Thanks a lot for you help!
Regards,

icon

Best answer by LaurenK 25 January 2021, 18:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Anke - if you have not yet already, we'd recommend taking a look at this support page about setting Authenticator Options. By default, respondents can authenticate only once. So if a respondent successfully authenticates and completes the survey, they will not be able to take the survey again. If you have any follow up questions, you'll want to reach out to our wonderful Support team, as they are best equipped to help!

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Anke if you are not happy with the standard default message of Authenticator, you may use a workaround here by using a branch logic to a descriptive block based on a value set upon every participant submission...
as simple as this. in the survey flow, after the last block of questions just set an embedded data to define a value. Then use contact list trigger to update the contact list with that value. After that, you just need to use that value to branch participant accordingly to either the survey or a descriptive block stating whatever you like to them and end the survey...

I hope that would solve your issue...

Leave a Reply