How can I send an email trigger to a contact if I only know their External Data Reference? | XM Community
Solved

How can I send an email trigger to a contact if I only know their External Data Reference?

• 10 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I am embedding Qualtrics surveys into the EdX platform and can only send the user ids of the people filling out the surveys as embedded data through the URL. I can export these ids from EdX and import them to a contact list in Qualtrics with their corresponding emails and names, using the External Data Reference field for the EdX user id. However, I cannot figure out how to take this embedded data and obtain their name and email from the contact list to send them a confirmation email. Can this be done? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by LaurenK 26 January 2021, 22:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi sjuhosova - it sounds like a Contact List Authenticator is what you are looking for! You can collect the external data reference from the URL as an embedded data, then send that through a contact list authenticator which will then identify which contact list they are in. If you have any follow up questions, you'll want to reach out to our wonderful Support team, as they are best equipped to help!

Leave a Reply