How to efficiently branch questions for supervisor-subordinate ratings? | XM Community
Solved

How to efficiently branch questions for supervisor-subordinate ratings?

• 11 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,
I am working on a survey to let participants rate their subordinates. Currently, I have a name list matching subodinates' name and my participants such that each of my participants has several subordinates. I would like that when my participants type their ID, I direct them to the correct set of questions for them to evaluate their subordinates.
Currently, I can only think of a silly way: generating number of branches = my number of participants, and manually type questions and add branch logic. Or, I create surveys and redirect participants to different sub surveys. Each is inefficient and likely to err.
Are there any efficient alternatives? Such as pulling data from a database to automatically generate questions?
Thanks a lot!!

icon

Best answer by MatthewM 11 January 2021, 20:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi ericlou ,
Assuming that each subordinate has only one supervisor, that the number of subordinates varies by supervisor, and that the same set of questions applies to all subordinates, a column should be added to the email list, and mapped into the survey as Embedded Data, that indicates the number of subordinates each participant has.
Then, use the number of subordinates field from the Embedded Data with the Loop & Merge feature, so the set of questions is repeated for each subordinate. You can use piped text to display each subordinate's name at the top of the screen and/or within the question text.
Hope this helps.

Hi Matthew,
Thanks a lot! This works out successfully!

Leave a Reply