Allowing survey respondents to compare their score to others | XM Community

Allowing survey respondents to compare their score to others

• 13 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello,
Qualtrics Newbie here, I am trying to do a kind of "reportback" for respondents completing a survey about environmental attitudes. Essentially, the survey has two metrics, environmental concern and connection to the environment. Based on a respondent's answers to these metrics they get sorted into one of four quadrants on a two-axis graph (high environmental concern and high environmental efficacy, high EC and low EE, low EC and low EE, etc.). It is supposed to be kind of like a personality test.
So far, I have been able to do this based on survey flow branching. For instance, if their responses indicate high EC and low EE they get branched to a survey block that shows a static image with the appropriate quadrant circled.
Screenshot 2021-01-13 135220.pngHowever, this feels like a sort of hackish way to do this and isn't exactly what I want. Ideally, I would want someone to see where on the two-axis graph they are, and where other people fall that have taken the same survey (allowing each respondent to see whether they are "normal" or not). Does anyone have any ideas for how to do a reportback like this? I have attached some photos that show what I am explaining more clearly. The "Winnie the Pooh" graph contains the four quadrants that are available. I want someone to take this survey and see a single point on the graph that represents them, and a cloud of other points (perhaps a different color?) that are the other respondents to the survey. I have seen this kind of thing before.
4 categories.pngFor instance, this survey (photo below; you can also find it online here: https://livedataoxford.shinyapps.io/lifeinconservation/ ) does essentially what I was hoping to do.
points.pngAny thoughts on how to do a reportback like this with Qualtrics? Any thoughts are appreciated. I know you can do Qualtrics "Reports" at the end of a survey but I haven't seen any capacity for doing something like this with the different quadrants.
Thanks for any insight this community can provide,
Bradley

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

There seem to be quite a few people asking for some way to get the results of other respondents into their survey, but it doesn't seem to available by default. I hope they add it in some time.
Meanwhile, you can look at this discussion. I use the method outlined to keep track of respondents on panel sites like MTurk/Prolific to ensure that they don't repeat the survey, in case they fail an attention check.
You could trigger the web service to store and pull the scores at the appropriate time.
Also, your branches can be simplified a lot, take a look at the other options and documentation online.

Leave a Reply