Category % vs. Check % | XM Community
Solved

Category % vs. Check %

• 26 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi all - I'm a qualitative researcher, NOT a statistician. That's why I love Stats IQ. But looking at exported data I am often confused about which graphs best represent the data I have. I have related to variables (in this example its Age & Social Media Channel) and when I export the data I have four different bar charts to look at. I get Count and All % are just totals for everything. But then there are different displays of the data under "Check %: and "Category %" and the data looks completely different - what do these mean and when do I refer to one or the other?
icon

Best answer by BruceK 31 July 2018, 14:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
I don't use Stats iQ but if you upload a picture of the charts more people may be able to help you interpret them.
Thank you @bstrahin! If this helps anyone, these are the two graphs I'm looking at currently.

!
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
If you are allowing multiple responses, such as in a question "What social media sites do you visit?" I know that the research core of Qualtrics, when calculating the percentages, uses as the denominator the sum of all the responses. That is how you are getting percentages greater than 100%. If you want to see what percentage of each age group is using a particular platform, the denominator needs to be changed to the number of respondents to that question, or the number in each of your categories.

Leave a Reply